Lonely? Confused? Afraid? Call The Trevor Project. 24-Hour Hotline: 866-488-7386
- Look for “Safe Zone” stickers or "SAFE Samford" signs outside the offices of faculty and staff at Samford. Know that you are safe to discuss LGBT issues with those persons.
- Reach out to the student leaders of Samford Together.
LGBT FRIENDLY CHURCHES IN BIRMINGHAM
- St. Andrews Episcopal Church
- Baptist Church of the Covenant
- Southside Baptist Church
- Covenant Community Church
- Grace Episcopal Church
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church
- Church of the Reconciler, a United Methodist Church
- First Church Birmingham, a United Methodist Congregation
- Woodlawn United Methodist Church
- Pilgrim Church, a United Church of Christ
- Beloved Community Church, a United Church of Christ
- Birmingham Friends Meeting, Quaker
- Unitarian Universalist Church of Birmingham
NATIONAL ADVOCACY GROUPS
- Human Rights Campaign
- Soulforce is committed to freedom for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people from religious and political oppression through relentless nonviolent resistance.
- It Gets Better Project
- Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD)
Coming out guides from the HRC
SPIRITUALITY & HOMOSEXUALITY